[Cialug] Actiontec

dave at visionary.com dave at visionary.com
Tue Aug 2 23:27:22 CDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 2, 2005, "Kevin C. Smith" <kevin at linuxsmith.com> said:

> Dave appears to be correct regarding the Actiontec DNS issue.
> I upgraded my firmware to version: QW04-3.60.2.0.6.3-GT701-WG
> Then set my DNS as static, and it appears to work correctly thus far.
>
> I'm sure this didn't work for me before. Must be the firmware.

Glad I could help.

I can't really tell you what version I'm on now... I managed to make my
DSL router really really secure by doing a config at 3am on a Sunday
morning a few months ago, and forgetting the password. I could just do a
hard reset on it, but I haven't had a reason to change the config since
then.

I have one of the older white Actiontec routers now, but had the same
issue with a GT701 before. The one with the DNS, not the lost password.

-dc