[Cialug] Changing X settings from the command line

Bailey, Jonathan C bailj0 at bp.com
Mon Aug 1 13:27:54 CDT 2005

I'm finally finishing up the process of getting Ubuntu running on my
laptop and am looking for some information... I've got suspend and
hibernate to work fine, but need the laptop to detect if it's docked or
not. I can handle the detection, but I want to know how I can change the
monitor port/resolution on the command line to use the external LCD.
Ubuntu auto-detects this automagicly during boot, but I don't know of a
way after resume. Is there a way without killing my X session?

Jonathan C Bailey
Customer Care - POS
(888) BP-HELP-U x5301

150 W Warrenville Rd