[Cialug] What's your modem?

Dave Weis djweis at sjdjweis.com
Mon Aug 1 07:19:23 CDT 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Rocket Robin Hood wrote:
> try a more linux friendly isp; I actually have been calling InternetSolver
> for awhile and they promise to call me on Monday so we'll see what happens
> there. I don't like how the Actiontec is all configured in the browser; I
> would prefer a modem Yast (I use SuSE) recognizes and then I can configure
> the modem and firewall in there. I obviously am not very clever with
> computers but I like how Linux in general really shows you every little thing
> to configure, even if you don't understand it.

Don't worry, someone will call :-) There is so much variability in modems
that having the yast program set them up would be nearly impossible.
Modems are generally set and forget types of things.
dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis at sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent