[Cialug] Perc3 RAID

Tony Bibbs cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:47:48 -0500

I have a Dell PowerEdge 2450 with a Perc 3 RAID controller in it.  After
getting Gentoo built on it, reboots produce a kernel panic.  Dave Weis
got me started in the right direction by suggesting the kernel can't
find the controller.  I went into menuconfig and included the LSI
megaraid, recompiled and rebooted but still got the same problem.

Next, I went in and enabled the Adaptec AHAXXXX options in the kernel.
Again I recompiled and rebooted and this time the kernel recognizes both
of the SCSI channels (A and B) but still gave a kernel panic.

Anybody else got Perc 3 card running under linux?  If so could you get
me the corresponding kernel options you brought in?

TIA,

--Tony