[Cialug] Ubuntu

D. Joe Anderson cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:16:34 -0500

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 11:16:47AM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> Korver, Aaron wrote:
> >>From: David Champion [mailto:dave@visionary.com]

> >>I just received a whole bunch (hundreds?) of Ubuntu CD's in the mail.

> >>If anyone wants one or a dozen or a hundred, let me know.

> >Sounds like a good door-to-door campaign idea.
> >
> ><repeat>
> ><knock on door/>
> ><speech>
> >"Hi! I'm here to give you a free operating system.  Just put the disc into
> >your CD-ROM and restart your computer.  Enjoy."
> ></speech>
> ><give bewildered looking person disc/>
> ><move to next house/>
> ><repeat/>

> Linux nerd : Would you like an Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog CD?
> Unwitting resident : ???
> *slam*

   Bullhorn: "But if you accept one of our free tanks we will send
   volunteers to your house to fix it for free while you sleep!"

   Buyer: "Stay away from my house, you freak!"

   Bullhorn: "But..."

   Buyer: "Can't you see that everyone is buying station wagons?"

http://www.spack.org/wiki/InTheBeginningWasTheCommandLine#head-8cd12953799bb75a80f0e450b3ffb9f645282802

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=62-0380815931-0

--
D. Joe Anderson         http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
"DRM [...] is to copyright law as a machine gun on