[Cialug] MythTV installfest?

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:03:00 -0500

Maybe we could have a Cialug MythTV installfest?  It seems several people
are interested in getting MythTV working on their machines and we have
several people familiar with it.

BTW, magicITX
(http://www.magicitx.com/modules.php?name=catalog&file=index&cPath=25) has
the OEM WinTV PVR-250 MCE for $80.  I'll let you know how they work soon
;-)  They are just the card, no software, no remote, no wires, no IR
receiver.  In fact, they even lack the leads for the IR receiver.

Some people associated with the EFF are really pushing people to get HDTV
tuner cards before the broadcast flag goes into effect.  Does Anybody
have/use HDTV?  Is it really visibly better quality than DVD?

-Nate