[Cialug] Asterisk, IAXYs and IAX (was Des Moines Area ISPs)

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:47:45 -0500

I've revised my requirements list for an Asterisk Telephony cooperative:

So how would an asterisk Coop work?  We would need:
 participants
 a machine,
 a place to host it
 Internet bandwidth with necessary room and/or QoS
 a small race of elf-like genius computer operators to manage it.

Number one requirement is now participants.  Would enough people even be
interested in giving up Vonage for something like this?  Thinking out loud -
we would either need the critical mass of people and money or some
uber-geeks that want to do it just for the sake of doing it, or some
combination thereof.

-Nate