[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

Alan Maupin cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 13 Apr 2005 18:09:37 -0500

Jon, -- how do I setup two phone's on Vonage, up and down stairs?

I've been looking into getting Vonage to replace Quest phone service.  At
first glance it looks very good with all of the free options such as 3-way
calling and the email/phone integration.  The problem I've run into is
having a phone setup on the first and second floor of my home.  According to
the Vonage representative I can only use one broadband phone adapter per
phone line since it involves the mac address of the phone adapter.  I would
connect the phone adapter to my router upstairs and connect a phone to it.
The problem is how do I connect my phone downstairs?

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-admin@cialug.org [mailto:cialug-admin@cialug.org] On Behalf Of
Bailey, Jonathan C
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 3:41 PM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: RE: [Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

If the DSL kept going out whenever your phone rings, that usually means you
aren't using filters.. Had that with a local business.. Embarassing call to
tech support..

As for VoIP, I'm switching to Vonage to keep my local number when I move.
Just waiting to see if Qwest will switch me to standalone DSL or just
disconnect me completely when the LNP is done.

Jon