[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

Dave Weis cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:35:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Theron Conrey wrote:
> After comcast's leaving a bad taste in my mouth in NJ i swore never to be
> bogged down by such a repressive eula (You saw him repressing me didn't
> ya?!?!?) and found Freese-Notis here in Des Moines.  Bridged  IP from Quest,
> static IP, an agreement that lets me do what I want with my service, blah
> blah, blah ISP Nirvana.........
> So this question is posed:  What ISP do you use and why?

I use Internet Solver, because I like the management there :-)

We provide static ip's for no additional cost to lug members and allow
servers, etc. We do use pppoa instead of bridging because it prevents
people from accidentally stomping on someone else's addresses.

dave

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent