[Cialug] Des Moines Area ISPs

Theron Conrey cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:18:57 -0500

Fellow Lugites:

I, like many of you, run servers out of my home.   I have a mail and web
server, and I guess my mythtv qualifies as a server, as I remotely can
schedule recordings via apache, so reading slashdot's link today:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/04/12/ifpi_drafts_code_of_conduct/
rattled me in my socks.

After comcast's leaving a bad taste in my mouth in NJ i swore never to
be bogged down by such a repressive eula (You saw him repressing me
didn't ya?!?!?) and found Freese-Notis here in Des Moines.  Bridged  IP
from Quest, static IP, an agreement that lets me do what I want with my
service, blah blah, blah ISP Nirvana.........

So this question is posed:  What ISP do you use and why?

-Theron