[Cialug] Iowa Public Schools - Linux Terminal Server

Josh More cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:03:32 -0500

Interestingly enough, I have written a white paper on exactly this
issue.  I will be presenting it at Iowa Training Days, after which I can
give copies to people.

As far as your questions go:

1) This depends on how it is done.  I recommend hiring a company to
take care of this, as they can often get better deals for that various
aspects of such a migration.

2) It can certainly be cost effective.  Again, it depends on who is
doing the work.  There are *lots* of issues involved in migrating a
government infrastructure to Linux, so hiring a migration company is
a wiser choice than trying to do it yourself.

There are many ways to structure such an relationship.  If people
wish to come to Iowa training days, I can go into some specifics.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP
 morej@alliancetechnologies.net