[Cialug] OT: Farming of e-mail addresses

Lee cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:49:07 -0500

Yes, and it does appear so.

-----Original Message-----
From: cialug-admin@cialug.org [mailto:cialug-admin@cialug.org]On Behalf
Of timwilson011@mchsi.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:46 AM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: [Cialug] OT: Farming of e-mail addresses

All,

I recently received an e-mail from Amanda Matijevich of Executive Resources.
At
first, I thought this was a post to the list, but I later realized the
Subject
line did not of the typical [Cialug] pre-pended to it.  This message was
received at two different e-mail addresses.  Both e-mail addresses are
subscribed to the LUG list.  I can see SPAM appearing on one or the other
address, but not both at the same time.  Call my paranoid, but it appears
someone is farming our e-mail addresses for their own personal gain.  Has
anyone
else received this message?

--
Tim W.