[Cialug] Email

Jerry Weida cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 1 Apr 2005 15:46:16 -0600

------=_Part_1356_5913202.1112391976528

actually , I wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't an April Fool's joke.=
=20
Something already exists for Windows. Silly little hack that creates an=20
email to yourself with an attachment that the software will show as a=20
filesystem.

On Apr 1, 2005 3:39 PM, Barry Von Ahsen <barry@vonahsen.com> wrote:=20
>=20
> Lee wrote:
> > So Google is bumping up the available email storage to 2GB and will=20
> continue
> > to increase it. Does anyone here use that much space for "email" or hav=
e=20
> you
> > seen a users mail box that demands that much space?
> >
>=20
> well, there's always gmailfs:
>=20
> "GmailFS provides a mountable Linux filesystem which uses your Gmail
> account as its storage medium. GmailFS is a Python application and uses
> the FUSE userland filesystem infrastructure to help provide the
> filesystem, and libgmail to [communicate with Gmail]."
>=20
> http://circle.ch/wiki/?page=3DGmailFS
>=20
> -barry
>=20

------=_Part_1356_5913202.1112391976528

actually , I wouldn't be too surprised if this wasn't an April Fool's joke.=
&nbsp; Something already exists for Windows.&nbsp; Silly little hack that c=
reates an email to yourself with an attachment that the software will show =
as a filesystem.<br><br>
sendername">Barry Von Ahsen</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:barry@vonahsen.com">b=
arry@vonahsen.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span>
px 0px 0.8ex; BORDER-LEFT: #ccc 1px solid">Lee wrote:<br>&gt; So Google is =
bumping up the available email storage to 2GB and will continue<br>&gt; to =
increase it. Does anyone here use that much space for &quot;email&quot; or =
have you<br>&gt; seen a users mail box that demands that much space?<br>&gt=
table Linux filesystem which uses your Gmail<br>account as its storage medi=
um. GmailFS is a Python application and uses<br>the FUSE userland filesyste=
m infrastructure to help provide the<br>filesystem, and libgmail to [commun=
icate with Gmail].&quot;<br><br><a href=3D"http://circle.ch/wiki/?page=3DGm=