[Cialug] Mandrake news

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:35:45 -0500

I have the ISO's for Mandrake 10.1 Official (4 CD's) and Mandrake Move
with USB key enabled (1 CD). If anyone wants a set of these, let me
know. I just ask that you give me the equivalent # of blank CDR's in
exchange. I might download the mdk 10.1 DVD image too, just for fun.

I tested MandrakeMove last night with a 16mb USB key, and it works great
(although it takes a long time to boot - similar to Knoppix). It did
load the accelerated nVidia drivers, and armagedtron ran just as fast as
it does on the same box running mdk 10.0. It did use about 90% of the
space on the USB key, so if you're planning to really use it, you'd want
to get one with bigger capacity.

-dc