[Cialug] Router Building

Chris Hilton cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 22:13:31 -0500

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 17:53 -0500, David Champion wrote:
> ndrake Linux - do a normal install, in the "drakxconf" menu, choose
> the "share your internet connection" option (don't recall the exact
> verbage). It will set up iptables / shorewall for you. You can then
> use
> the Webmin web interface to shorewall to customize your rules. I did
> this to set up custom firewall rules, and I'm terrible with iptables.

Wow, I have a grudge against MDK, but if it's that easy....
I think I am going to attempt to get NAT working (I found out I need a
kernel recompile to do so) and then if that fails, MDK here I come..
Especially if then removing X is easy..
Do you happen to know what the webmin tool is, maybe it's available as
an app I could use without using MDK?