[Cialug] Question?

Morris Dovey cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:51:58 -0500

Christopher Freeman wrote:

> What kind of programming (esp. Linux/Unix programming) do
> people on the list do, and with what languages? I do Unix
> commandline application development in C, C++ (very small
> amounts) and Perl primarily.

For programming (not scripting or data extraction) I've used C
almost exclusively for the past thirty years (with a /very/
little bit of APL, assembly, BASIC, C++, COBOL, and FORTRAN when
needed during that time period).

Primary environments have been POSIX, MS-DOS, VOS, and naked (no
OS at all on SOCs.)

(I tried Pascal early on; but decided that it didn't offer any
advantages over C for the requirements I was addressing.)

--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA