[Cialug] gmail invites

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:44:53 +0000

> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 02:43:58PM +0000, timwilson011@mchsi.com wrote:
> > I have a bunch too, if anyone is interested.
> >
> > --
> > Tim W.
> > > i have 3 gmail invites i can give out. first come, first serve.
> > >

> http://zork.net/~nick/mail/we-do-not-want-your-gmail-invitations

^^^^^^^^^ Wow, glad we don't see such tirades on this list.
<rant>
FWIW, I'm still finding people in the industry who have no clue what GMail
is.  So, one cannot assume that everyone has an account, if there are still
people that don't know what GMail is.  Up until a couple months ago, I didn't
know how wide-spread the invites were getting.  Plus, I do believe there are
people on this list who are not in the industry, so may not have the ability
to get an account.  Yes, it is weird that GMail is still by invitation only,
but it is cool.  I especially like the way it threads everything.  My ISP's
web-mail software, well, sucks, and doesn't do threading.  And actually, I
like the ads I get based on the topic of the e-mail.  I've found things
related to Linux, e-mail providers, domain registrars, etc, because of the
ads.  Basically, it has features I haven't seen in a free web-mail account.
If you don't want the e-mail, do what I did a few weeks ago when I received
24 messages from this list on a non-computer related topic.  I read the
Subject and deleted it.
</rant>