[Cialug] meeting

Nathan C. Smith cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:07:22 -0500

Where is the home to Vidia Linux?

Looks like I'm taking a kid to the clinic and Won't be able to make it
tonight.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Senior [mailto:rsenior@qwest.net]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 3:51 PM
To: cialug@cialug.org
Subject: Re: [Cialug] meeting

Vidia Linux has an Anaconda front end to the Gentoo install process which
isn't too bad.  Also the type of Gentoo installation will greatly influence
the amount of time to install.  A stage 3 installation you could probably
get done in 2 hours (maybe less if you have a fast internet connection or
the packages are already downloaded), but a stage 1 or stage 2?  No way.

Also, who is this installfest meant for?  New Linux users?  Existing Linux
users looking to switch?  Both?