[Cialug] spam filtering

Tom Pohl cialug@cialug.org
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:45:12 -0500

I have a similar problem with spamassassin and odeiavir.  I've been
investigating lighter yet better solutions.  I'm going to try DSPAM
http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/ because they place
strong focus on scalability and speed.

There are other things I've done to the mail server to alleviate
clogging:
1. Have a default recipient for all domains that goes to a mailbox that
gets wiped out periodically.  I've found that our biggest clog was
sending messages back to invalid addresses to say "there isn't a user
by that name here"
2.  Increase the number of allowed simultaneous outbound SMTP
connections (120 seems pretty decent)

-Tom