[Cialug] [Cialug]wifi

Tony Bibbs cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:44:53 -0600

"x:ABC123" where "ABC123"

<rant>
This isn't a huge deal, but this is the sort of stuff that makes Linux
hard for non-geeks.  A non-geek should be able to go in, set the essid
and WEP key and be done with it without having to know "x:" or whatever
it is.

This was eluded too earlier as well, but the fact that very few distro's
do a good job detecting wireless hardware and allow you to set them up
during installation is a another sticking point for me.
</rant>

I know, I know, down the source and do something about it...

--Tony