[Cialug] [Cialug]wifi

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:59:39 -0600

The gui tool for this is "drakxconf", then choose "networking". I don't
recall if 9.2 allows you to enter the WEP key in the gui tool. If not,
I'll give you the proper structure for your config file when I get home
tonite. It goes in your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth<x> files.

You can also do as Nathan suggests, and set it manually using iwconfig.

Mandrake 10.1 has greatly improved it's wireless support, including a
tool to let you switch between wireless networks. I did an update from
9.2 to 10.1 on my laptop, and it went very smoothly.

-dc