[Cialug] favorite distribution

D. Joe Anderson cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 14:44:01 -0600

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 10:16:59AM -0600, Kevin C. Smith wrote:

> > Here's an article that stereotypes linux users according to the
> > distribution they use. I think they are at least right about the Debian
> > users.
> >
> > http://www.newsforge.com/articles/04/10/30/1322227.shtml?tid=149
>
> I don't think this article is meant to be seriuos. It's very flippant.

Great truths are spoken in jest.  I have to admit that, as a
recent Debian convert, I once tried to sell the "deliberate"
pace of Debian releases as being a good fit for the pace that
other things seem to progress at a certain large University.
And I wasn't really joking.

Anyway, I'd seen someone complain about the Debian
characterization before, but I hadn't actually read the article.
I loved the first half of the KNOPPIX user description.  Right
on the money.  but then again, I just snailmailed a KNOPPIX disk
to someone I've never met.

--
Joe