[Cialug] DVD transcoding?

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:36:46 +0000

Sounds similar to something I just did.  I recently converted some Divx files to
VCD.  I had to do this under Winders.  I used TMPGenc and Nero to burn to disc.
 It supports VCD, where my version of Adaptec did not.  Nero is nice, plus
they'll allow you to download it and have a 30 day license (not really 30 days,
the license is month-to-month, so it expires at the end of the month).  The site
I used also talked about converting DVD to Divx, so you could probably do this,
and then do Divx back to VCD.  Check out:
http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/

You can also Google for Convert Divx VCD (or Convert DVD Divx).

--
Tim W.