[Cialug] wireless linux laptop

David Champion cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 16:09:36 -0600

What distro are you running? In RedHat / Mandrake systems, you can put
that stuff in your /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ethx file.
Making it say "ONBOOT=YES" will make it, er, yes, on boot.

Mandrake 10.1 has enhanced the network admin interface to deal with the
AP / WEP settings pretty well. There's apparantly a way to make it
automagically switch AP's. I still use my old dave-o-matic version,
where I have a shell script I run to copy the correct ifcfg-ethx file
over & restart the interface.

-dc