[Cialug] Fw: CompUSA user groups special Thursday morning

Don Cady cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 16:57:36 -0600

Thought I'd pass along the following info:

> CompUSA is opening their store in Clive this Thursday morning Dec 16th
> from
> 7 am to 9 am for User group members  friends and family.  This time was
> set
> by their corporate office done at the last minute to help out local user
> groups.
>
> CompUSA will have coffee and donuts for us. They have the
> <http://www.compusa.com/adproducts/default.asp> regular sales items plus
> there are some clearance, one of a kind deals..  The manager  told me
> there
> may be  some laptops and desktops in that category..  He also said that he
> would have a door prize for those that show up and put there names in a
> hat
> such as a printer or scanner
>
> Des Moines Superstore
> Store # 711
> 10201 University, Suite D-1
> Westridge Shopping Center
> Clive, IA 50325
>
> Stop out and check out what they have to offer..  See the new stuff they
> have in there store.
> Even if you don't want to make a purchase, stop by and thank them for
> supporting user groups.
>

> David Williams
> On-Line Services & Program Coordinator
> Central Iowa Computer User Group
> www.ciacug.org

I don't know what kind of "deals" they'll actually have, but it'd be good
just to walk through before work to let them know a headcount on people
locally involved with user groups. It would be good to get some sort of
standing deal like the one with OReilly. (yeah, I know I'm dreaming)

Don