[Cialug] RE: dep

Joel Eddy cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:33:01 -0600

I'm BEATING my head against the wall trying to install phpmyadmin. And it
wanted php-mysql installed which in turn was looking for libmysqlclient.so.10.

I finally installed php-mysql with nodeps, out of frustration. But so far I'm
not
having any luck with phpmyadmin. I keep getting:

cannot load mysql extension,
please check PHP Configuration

which from the documents says:

>snipit>
[1.20] I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP
Configuration".
To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL
extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in),
otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or
php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called
"PHP-MySQL" or something similar.

>snipit/>

I just wish it would install as easy as the document makes it sound.
Either way here I sit all broken hearted had to $hit but only farted.

Sincerely,

Joel Eddy
Iowa Connect, Inc.
http://www.iowaconnect.com