[Cialug] Question about going broadband in Des Moines...

Dave Weis cialug@cialug.org
Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:04:16 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, reinstall hell wrote:
> just looked. fastest DSL i can physically get is IDSL. which from what i've
> read is the same as ISDN, woohoo. i live ~20000 ft from my Telco's switch.
> does anyone know if cable internet has any limitations of this sort? just
> curious.

Are you sure? If the last 4 digits of your phone are 9567 then you qualify
for DSL. They have been putting in remote DSLAMs in the qwest are to cover
more subscribers.

--
Dave Weis             "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment
djweis@sjdjweis.com   of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent