[Cialug] [OT]Question about going broadband in Des Moines...

reinstall hell cialug@cialug.org
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:19:23 -0600

Sounds like you have a problem with the TV side of mediacom. I only say
this because i never see the ads you speak of as i never watch
television (except during bad weather). I also have never seen this
increase in price I've always paid $45/month for Internet (both in
waterloo and Iowa city over the last 5 years). DSL has never been an
option as the cost just to connect was/is over $300 for the first month
and ~$45/month after that for less than half the bandwidth. i just wish
i saw a positive in the whole digital cable/satellite dish era we are in
right now. i find both stupid and annoying. neither is open source or
can be open source. i look at either one and all i see is ads ads ads
some people might call it SPAM. and thats $0.02 more.
Neal