[Cialug] Re: RE: Port blocking - and unwanted intruders

Daniel Wittenberg cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 07 Dec 2004 11:48:22 -0600

Is your tcpwrappers not dropping those connections?  If you are seeing
these login attempts, then your tcpwrappers appear to not be working,
and hence a firewall rule based on those wouldn't do much good either.
I would suggest standard host security policy, of drop everything with
iptables, and only allow what is explicitly needed (since tcpwrappers
can't protect everything).

Dan