[Cialug] HELP! I removed libc6!

Renegade Muskrat cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 06:59:47 -0600

I just checked the dpkg man page, and it does have a --root argument.
It works as one might expect: --root=<path to chroot to>

 >rpm has an argument called --root to point it to a different root for

 >situations like this. If dpkg can do that also, boot from a debian cd

 >and
 >mount your file systems under /mnt and run dpkg -i libc6 --root /mnt
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233
        WARNING: REDISTRIBUTION OF THIS MESSAGE MAY BE IN
                 VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE COPYRIGHT LAWS.
                 THIS MESSAGE NOT GUARANTEED Y-TO-K COMPLIANT.