[Cialug] HELP! I removed libc6!

Chris Hilton cialug@cialug.org
Thu, 02 Dec 2004 00:10:24 -0600

Everyone is so uncreative; I'm unfamiliar with .deb but this has to be
possible:
Download the package manually, save it to whatever media it will fit on
(likely the hard disk from a knoppix boot disk).  Now, uncompress
the .deb and find the file you need; the one that it needs to link to.
Stick it in the appropriate spot; reboot onto your hard disk OS and do
your downgrade.

Now, how you uncompress a .deb is an unknown to me.