[Cialug] (no subject)

Ricky Kendall cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 22:56:52 -0700 (PDT)

This sort of depends upon what kind of file system the
repository is on.  I don't run the cvs server but I
control
access via user accounts on our systems.  With the
repository on NFS or on a standard UNIX file system
I can control who checks in code based on userID and
who can check out code based on a group ID.  The best
solution is to have the repository on AFS so you can
use
AFSs access control list (ACL) mechanisms to tightly
control reading and writing to the repository.
Don't know enough about ext3 or rieser to know if
acls are available.  The one CVS book (one of the
"black" books) is pretty good and worth the money.

Regards,
Ricky
--- Christopher Freeman <cfreeman@remote-print.com>