[Cialug] Setting up Samba or Gnomba

cialug@cialug.org cialug@cialug.org
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:33:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

I'm trying to set up my home network. I have Mandrake 8.2 on this machine and would like to be able to see the other 4 computers on my network (all windows machines).  Some not shown in pic or diagram.

                                        Hub

                    Linux             MS            MS     DCHP MS

                                                                        Internet

That is my basic layout..... not the best in the world I realize..... but it's working for me.  I need the Linux box to be able to access the MS boxes...... with the exception of the DCHP box...don't care about that one.  From the link below you can see the image of my desktop setup so far...... and you can see that through Gnomba I can see the other machines...... but I can't read/write to them...... don't know what I'm doing wrong...... but am open to suggestions.

http://www.techimo.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2150

I think it's a sharing permission setting...... or I'm looking in the wrong place..... ??????????
Thanks!