[Cialug] Splitting mbox file

Dan Ramaley dan at ramaley.net
Wed Mar 20 23:51:13 UTC 2024

Since this is presumably something you only have to do once and not
something you're trying to script or automate, could you just load the
mbox into an e-mail client that uses mbox format, and then create
folders and move messages? Then copy the resulting mbox files to
wherever you need them long-term? I think Thunderbird could do this
pretty easily. I'm guessing most of the CLI clients would also work.