[Cialug] virt-manager clone disabled?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Tue Feb 6 03:31:16 UTC 2024

On Mon, 5 Feb 2024, Matthew Burket wrote:

> I was talking about the VMs using UEFI. There has been a long standing
> issue with VMs using UEFI and virt-manager that doesn't allow snapshots
> to be taken, and to my knowledge has not been resolved yet.

Have never seen an option with virt-manager, .. I had always assumed
Legacy since there was no requirement for a boot partition?

> If this is a new issue with existing VMs you that have taken snapshots of before, I don't have a good answer for you off the top of my head.

"Clone" is the only option in the GUI, .. have not actually looked at
doing a snapshot - figured if it wouldn't support a Clone operation, it
wouldn't support snapshots.

	TFTR!

	Lee