[Cialug] Gmail issue

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 05:01:49 UTC 2023

Yup, I had set up a send-only mail relay, so different servers could all
send their mail through one outgoing server. Also always set up the SPF and
DKIM correctly and you should be golden.

You can test these by sending to a gmail account, then click the "..."  in
the email and "View Original", it will show you whether gmail thinks the
inbound email passed the SPF and DKIM checks. Also you can check those with
mxtoolbox.com.

There are getting to be a lot of mail services that won't accept any
inbound emails that don't pass SPF and DKIM, and some also need DMARC.

Once you get the hang of setting those up, it's not too bad.

-dc