[Cialug] postfix on Ubuntu

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Sun Jan 29 20:53:21 UTC 2023

On Fri, 27 Jan 2023, Jarrod Igou wrote:

> Can you elaborate about the failure / difference?  What are those "bad"
> systems sending, vs what is the "good" system sending?

Actually, .. after a lot more testing I found that the email that WAS
coming from the "working" machine was actually relayed; in actuality, NONE
of the Ubuntu Postfix configurations are sending hostnames with the EHELO.

> Rambling down the hostname rabbit hole, do you get the same response from
> the different flavors when you ask the server what its hostname is?
>
> $hostname

$hostname
bandit

> $hostname -s

$hostname -s
bandit

> $hostname -f

$hostname -f
bandit

Setting hostname to FQDN is no different.

	Thanks!

	Lee