[Cialug] Directory permissions 'overrride'?

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Thu Jan 5 22:07:10 UTC 2023

Have a sitiation where a directory has disappeared sometime on the past
(late 2020), .. so we're trying to figure out how to prevent the situation
(since Users have GUI access to the storage, it was most likely an
accidental mouse click or drag/drop).

It would be problematic to physically move the folder to an archive
location or actually restrict permissions on the directory contents.

Is there a way to prevent the directory from being relocated, while still
preserving write permissions on the contents? I don't think it is possible
within the base permission structure, so posibly looking for a higher
level option.

	TIA!