[Cialug] DuckDuckGo is now emulating Google!!

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Fri Oct 7 20:06:56 UTC 2022

On Fri, 7 Oct 2022, Brett Neese wrote:

> I don't think this is true. I can load DDG just fine without JS, and there
> are no tracking URLs.

So, .. you're seeing the links in the search results go to the sites and
not back to DDG?

Just tested again, .. that seems to occur when you are using the search
bar from DDG (i.e. on the page "duckduckgo.com".

When DDG is added as a search engine option in Firefox, doing the search
in the location bar will redirect the result links back to DDG, which
breaks them since those links to not point to the html site.

Looks like Brave will work propertly; goodbye DDG.

	TTFR!