[Cialug] Distro vs. Kodi (et al)

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Mon Feb 11 01:48:19 UTC 2019

Question for all your streamer types:

I tried Kodi a while back, .. couldn't really figure out how to use the
"sources" [or whatever they were called], so I basically forgot about it.

Now I have access to Prime, and there ARE some movies (currently watching
Annihilation on my main workstation after upgrading Firefox to current)
that seem worthwile.

So, .. which is more usable in the long run (requires at least Amazon
prime):

 * Kodi and work down the learning curve;

or

 * Stick with a base Raspbian and Firefox.

Any opinions?

Bonus question - any thoughts on transitioning from a cable subscription
with core channels & maybe HBO?

	Thanks!!