[Cialug] MPS and APIC and ACPI

David Champion dave at visionary.com
Thu Jun 30 15:57:16 CDT 2005

ACPI is also used for things like power management & battery monitoring
(for instance, on laptops).

The implementation of ACPI varies by manufacturer & bios. A lot of the
"linux on laptop" pages will have specific details about what features
work, and what doesn't work.

AFAIK, APIC is mostly used for multi-processor systems.

-dc