[Cialug] Help needed with project

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Jun 28 12:25:25 CDT 2005

Knoppix Hacks from O'Reilly will solve most of your problems.

I have found it easier to rebuild a Knoppix CD on debian, though
you can jump through a few more hoops and build it on any distro.

You can do it without the book, but it may take a bit longer.
In a nutshell though, know that a base Knoppix loads an
.html file in Konquerer on boot.  This file is just a regular
file on CD, so you *could* hack the HTML to make konquerer launch
OO.  I think you'd be better off rebuilding the disk though.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>>adk at 52761.com 06/28/05 11:45 am >>>
Need some help on this one-

I need a live linux cd that will boot on power up, run OO Impress, and
load a
slide show.
It's for a volunteer group to display a repeating presentation at a
local
historic grist mill.
They have volunteers that seem to mess up the hard drive on window box
frequently.

Have done some googling but not found out how to disassemble a distro,
add/change it, and then
burn back to a bootable cd.

I have looked at Puppy linux, like the idea it loads into ram and does
not
need a hard drive.

Any suggestions what I should be search terms I should be using or
links.

Allen Kiddoo
Muscatine, IA