[Cialug] numpad in putty while using vi

Renegade Muskrat dramaley at spatulacity.cx
Fri Jun 17 18:24:38 CDT 2005

I was wondering what you were talking about so i fired up Putty to my
Linux box, ran vi and saw the madness. After about 2 minutes of playing
around i discovered what to do; the exact setting may vary for your
version of Putty (mine is a bit old), but you should be able to find it
similarly:

In the configuration, go to Terminal->Features and check "Disable
application keypad mode". Save the settings and enjoy a numeric pad
that works!

At 06:11 PM 6/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
 >anyone know how i can use my number keypad while using vi when i'm
using

 >putty? i only ask because i have no idea where to even begin?
 >
 >tanks
                                                -- Dan
             "I'm still sane on three planets and two moons."
       Daniel Ramaley                  3118 Cottage Grove Ave Apt 8
       dramaley at spatulacity dot cx        Des Moines, Iowa 50311
       http://www.spatulacity.cx/                    (515) 271-5233