[Cialug] Theron's AlienWare Saga

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Fri Jun 17 08:09:59 CDT 2005

just a few of the scary parts from the XP Home EULA:

3. RESERVATION OF RIGHTS AND OWNERSHIP. Microsoft reserves all rights
not expressly granted to you in this EULA. The Software is protected by
copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties. Microsoft
or its suppliers own the title, copyright, and other intellectual
property rights in the Software. The Software is licensed, not sold.

6. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Microsoft and its affiliates
may collect and use technical information gathered as part of the
product support services provided to you, if any, related to the
Software. Microsoft may use this information solely to improve our
products or to provide customized services or technologies to you and
will not disclose this information in a form that personally identifies you.

14. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may
terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions
of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the Software
and all of its component parts.

Theron