[Cialug] Old Mac PowerPC

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Fri Jun 17 07:24:51 CDT 2005

I bought it off a friend for fun because I had never played around on a
Mac OS 9 computer. I'm much less familiar with hardware details than
most of you. It is one of those PowerPC deals before the G3. I think it
has one of those add-on cards to make it run faster. It runs OS 9.1 or
9.2 (it's been a while since I played with it) pretty well.

I have used SuSE and Red Hat before (as in late 1990's) but nothing on
a PowerPC platform, so wasn't sure what distributions were considered
best for that platform.  Thanks for your input.

Thanks,

Stuart