[Cialug] Electronic carillon help

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Thu Jun 16 10:06:25 CDT 2005

This may sound kind of sick, but why not use cron?  Maybe use PHP to provide
a web interface to the config file?  Pick an audio player that can run from
the command line?  Webmin to edit the configs?  I haven't used webmin in a
while so I don't know what state its cron management module is in.

You might want to look at slimserver from slimdevices.com.  There are
plug-ins that include alarm clocks and it has a web-based interface.
Slimserver does not actually play the music so you can send the music to an
included java-based mp3 player or any streaming-capable mp3 player.

-Nate