[Cialug] Noise

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Tue Jun 14 12:18:04 CDT 2005

In that scenario undervolting the fans is prob. a no go.

The scenario I was refering to was with the following system:
SN41G (don't believe its the G2) with an XP 2600 (non barton core) and
1GB dual channel ram.  Using onboard video.  Stock power supply.  the
back fan was upgraded and undervolted to 7volts, and its been running
Seti (yes yes I know I should upgrade to folding) for a bit now.  It's
sitting under a desk at work, in a friends office and the room temp.
isn't an issue as it's borderline jacket temp in our offices all day
anyway. Other than the power supply and video, sounds to be about the
same system :)

Theron

Theron