[Cialug] debian 3.1, and back to Gentoo

D. Joe Anderson deejoe at raccoon.com
Fri Jun 10 09:29:28 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 08:06:56PM -0500, Alan Maupin wrote:

> First off, the default installation did not recognize the fact that I was
> running a mainstream three year old GeForce Ti 4800 - 64 MB video card

Could you send along the output of lspci to show what the
computer's view of that card is?  It sounds like it didn't make
it into the hardware recognition databases (not sure what
they're calling it these days--is it still "discover"?)

Anyway, with that information passed along, maybe the next
person who tries to use this exact make and model of card will
have better luck.

--
D. Joe Anderson         http://www.etrumeus.com/~deejoe
"DRM [...] is to copyright law as a machine gun on