[Cialug] MythTV front-end hauppauge MediaMVP

Nathan C. Smith smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Jun 8 12:03:01 CDT 2005

Hauppauge makes a product called the MediaMVP that has some memory, video,
Ethernet and a PowerPC chip in it.  It is designed to boot off your Windows
machine using TFTP and show media and videos on the system it booted from.

It has been hacked and it makes a decent front-end to MythTV.
Here is the project page.
http://mvpmc.sourceforge.net/idx.php?pg=main

I got it running and it isn't perfect, doesn't have all of MythTV's
features, but it can play recorded shows.  Neat stuff.  The hardest part
about getting it going was configuring DHCP on Linux, I can't believe I
waited so long.  Text files rock.

Anyway, check it out if you are using Myth and you are interested in a
simple tiny frontend.

-Nate