[Cialug] Apple and Intel

Lee leeh at csi-rics.com
Wed Jun 8 08:40:50 CDT 2005

Nathan C. Smith wrote:

>Anyone else wish Apple had partnered with AMD instead of Intel?

Exactly what can AMD offer in terms of a better "road map" than Intel? I
don't think it makes any sense for Apple to go with anyone short of the
market leader. AMD puts out a great product but the share Apple provides
would not keep them in business. So what happens if AMD's core business
loses steam? Apple could find themselves in another scenario with a
supplier who can't keep up in spec for spec or supply. Now for things I
would have liked to see... Possibly Apple acquiring AMD. Though not a
realistic prospect either.